Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cleaning Up Canada


Well, the long (and much awaited) winter holiday is upon us. Last week was the peak of the season for me, with a couple 13-hour working days, all day spent working on Dec. 23 (Emperor's Birthday), all day on Christmas Eve, even a little work on Christmas day itself - generally unthinkable in North America / Europe / etc.

Anyway, now it's time to catch up on a lot of unfinished business. It may have been a full year ago - I bought a few bags full of Canadian stamps (all unsoaked, ugh). I did a lot of work with them right away and have been trading off the extras over the past year -- but hundreds more have been waiting for some attention.

I finally got them all sorted and prepared the extras for trading, and feel great relief at getting caught up at last.

Other stamps news: my daughter and I made it to the stamp museum on their last business day of the year, just before closing time, quite nice. And today she surprised me by asking to work on stamps - it has been awhile since she showed much interest.

日本語 hints
13-hour working days: notice it is not 13-hourS working days, because the phrase "13-hour" is treated as a single word, modifying the noun. I worked 13 hours, but it was a 13-hour working day.

Emperor - note that 天皇 is Emperor (the person himself), not Imperial (related to the person)

No comments:

Post a Comment

日本語でもコメントをどうぞ Please feel free to leave questions and comments.