Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Georgia on my Mind


Currently, I get most of my stamps in a random fashion, a few here and a few there. I am not actively searching or organizing along one theme. Right now, I welcome all stamps. But as the collection grows, it will be time to focus and prune. I may move toward collecting sets.

This stamp is obviously from a set of stamps for the 50 states. I only have two of them so far, so I have my work cut out for me. Georgia is not really a state I would have preferred to start with. I have never been a big fan of the Southern states, though I can see why other people are.

日本語 hints:
in a random fashion = not planned, by chance

theme --- be careful about pronunciation - this should be one syllable (音節), not two. The vowel sound is a long "e" (it rhymes with "dream" and "steam") and the last sound is the consonant (子音) "m". So be careful about the typical Japanese katakana pronunciation, te-ma.

prune = usually a noun, a kind of food, 干しスモモ

have my work cut out for me = I have started a big job, I have a lot of work to do

have never been a big fan of = have never liked very much

No comments:

Post a Comment

日本語でもコメントをどうぞ Please feel free to leave questions and comments.