Sunday, July 17, 2011

strange hobbies



The number of martial artists who collect postage stamps is surely quite small. I am one of those few. It was a childhood hobby (stamp collecting) which I resurrected about three decades later when my daughter seemed interested.

Oh, she was quite interested....for a few months. She still likes to sift through the new arrivals and pick out the best ones, but that is as far as it goes. So her interest has faded, but I am continuing.

Japanese hints (sorry, no kanji -- my japanese character input seems to have temporarily quit.....)

martial artist = budoka, (budo-baka may be more accurate), bujutsuka

resurrected = brought back to life or, more loosely, started again

decade = 10 years

sift through = sort through, pick and choose from among a large group

No comments:

Post a Comment

日本語でもコメントをどうぞ Please feel free to leave questions and comments.